Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Diagnosis

On Wenesday Feb. 7, Craig's father went to the Doctor. They found several enlarge lymph nodes in his neck. Of course the go getter I am, I got Bob in for a CT of the neck and chest the following day. This gave us information that we are looking at lymphoma.

On the following day, Bob had a biopsy on his tonsils. They took out the right side. Dr. Billiter stills says this is a classic case of Lymphoma. The problem with Lymphoma their are two main types. You have Hodgkins and NonHodgkins Lymphoma. Under these types, you then have approximently 4o subtypes of cancer.

Yesterday, Bob had a Bone Marrow Bx. We are now currently waiting for the result of both Bx. Until we know what type they can't begin treatment. He did have a consult with Dr. Zimmer (who is a local Oncologist).

I have been in contact with Barnes Sitman Cancer Center. We are currently working with them to have an appointment with Dr. Barlet. She is a Oncologist that specializes in Lymphoma -Hodgkins and Nonhodgkins, Bone marrow Transplant and Stem Cell.

I have scheduled a PET Scan for tuesday Feb. 19. I will then send both the CT and PET to Barnes. When we get the results from the bx, we will then have them send the slides to Barnes. The Doctor will then look over the results. An appointment will then be scheduled for consult. This will take approximently two weeks.

If you know me, It will be hard for me to wait. I won't sit still until I know everything is OK. I will keep on it until it is taken care of. I will have to learn patience with this.

We will keep you update.



PLEASE KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS.

4 comments:

Fran said...

Tricia, As we know personally, we know you will do whatever you can to help! Hal and I will keep him in our prayers, and thank you for starting this blog for updates.

Love, Fran

Lessen Family said...

The whole Rogers family is in my prayers! Love to all of you!

~ Kristi

Sue Helgen said...

Trish and Craig, We keep Bob and Donna and the whole family in our prayers. We know that prayer is powerful and will continue to pray. We love you . Mom And Dad

Marci said...

We know Bob is in good hands because he has God and "Dr. Trish" on his side.