Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oh where has the hair gone

Bob's hair has started to fall out. He asked Alec if he would like to get the same hair cut as him. Al's response "No Way". As you all know, Alec is very picky about his hair and likes it long. He is getting a buzz cut to reduce the amount of hair loss. Unfortunately, Bob was unable to spend Easter and Alec's birthday with Alec. We didn't want Bob to get sick because he was at the point of where the blood was to drop. Alec had the horrible flu that has hit everyone. He was out of school all week with vomiting and fever. He then got a terrible cold. It was hard on both Alec and Bob but we rather have him well.



He will have an appointment with Dr Barlet on Wen. before his next chemo treatment. He will also meet with Dr Kashen ( Doctor that is involved with the Stem Cell). This treatment should not be as bad as the first one. Since he didn't have to many problems this one should be a breeze.



I have notice a big change in his voice. We are able to understand him much better. I have also notice a difference in the size of neck. You can see where it has gone down quite a bit. He has said that it will harder for him to get the treatment when he is feeling much better.

Keep him in your prayers next week. Let's hope everything goes well. We will know moreabout the stem cell on April 2. We will keep you update as soon as we know more.

5 comments:

Govaia said...

I noticed the difference in his voice at the Fire Meeting on Tuesday night also. Hopefully this is a good thing and a sign of better things to come!!!!

We Love Ya Tige!!!!!

The Govaia Family

govaia said...

3maddireecekerbyJust read the blog tricia. Thanks again for the update. I got that hug you sent home from the meeting Bob.LOL I love you and your family like my own. I am glad Tricia made a new post. I check it everyday.LOL I certianly will be thinking of you next Wed.( always for that matter) I will be in Springfield with Mom for her check-up with her Heart Dr. Keep us in your prayers and you will certianly be in our's. If you ever need anything, please call. Good Luck next Wed. It is just a step closer to RECOVERY!! Love ya.. Robin

Lessen Family said...

I continue to pray for Bob's speedy recovery! I check the site daily, Trish, and I will continue to do so - even when I'm out of the country! Love ya!

Marci said...

Tell Bob we are praying for him that the treatment this time will go easier. Too bad Alec didn't want to be just like grandpa. I would pay to see that. HA!

Love you all
Marci and Peanut

govaia said...

BEST of luck tomorrow Tiger. We are thinking of you. Thanks again Trish!@! Loves Ya's..
The Govaia's