Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a great group of guys


Last Thursday, we were summon to the garage. Bob's group of guys from Duck's Unlimited meet in a garage for their meetings. When we got there we had fun just catching up with everyone. They then called the meeting to order.


THEY PRESENT BOB AND ME AN ENVELOPE. WITHIN IN THE ENVELOPE WAS $900. ALL THE GUYS GOT TOGETHER TO DONATE MONEY TO MY FUNDRAISING.


Bob gave a very touching speech on what he has gone thru.


I still can't get over the support this town has given. As I was speaking to someone the other day, I mention that between my fundraising, the breast coalition, and fundraising for cassie

http://caringbridge.org/visit/cassiehorrocks. We have raised over $30,000 in the last two months. This community is amazing. I have even been told by my mentors and trainers how impressed they are of our community. They said our community should be recognized for how supported they are to people in need.


I have also been asked to be a mentor possibly for the summer events. I would be giving support to the participant's in the Team in Training. I would help motivate them to stay with the program and to do their best in fundraising. I would be able to chose between the marathon in San Diego or Seattle. I am very excited about helping others.
THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE SUPPORTED ME AND DONATED. I HAVE WENT OVER MY GOAL AND BEYOND. THIS IS ALL DONE BY EVERYONE'S LOVE AND SUPPPORT.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
LOVE TO YOU ALL.

3 comments:

Marci said...

One great thing about living in a small town is that we are all family and care about each other. It is remarkable what you have done. You are an inspiration to others. Congrats on raising the money you needed and for being offered the mentorship.

Lessen Family said...

Congrats on surpassing your goal! It helps that everyone loves Bob and you!

govaia said...

thinking of you guy's. I see Bob quite often and I almost cry everytime I see him. We love him so much and it is amazing how a small community can stick together when someone needs help. God Bless you Tricia for doing this. YOUR amazing as well!!